Sunday, May 8, 2011

I've been wanting to say this for a long time...



Hello.


Well, not just hello, but it would be rude, I think, to just start in with no introduction or anything.  I'm one of a million blogs out there and I guess what makes me unique is that I don't fit in anywhere in the blogging world. 


I'm not a mommy blogger, not that there is anything wrong with that! I mean, I guess I am sort of one, since I am blogging and I'm a mother of 6.  But I'm not just going to blog about poopy diapers, breastfeeding and Gymboree, so I don't really fit in there (my kids are way past those stages).  I'm not a technology blogger, but I sort of am because I really, really love gadgets, electronics and talking about them with anyone who will listen.  And I LOVE me some geek-talk.  I'm definitely not a foodie since I have this fun disorder called gastroparesis, so good eats are only an observation for me right now, but I might be a little, because I still have to make sure my family eats.  I'm not an organizational guru, photo blogger, crafts, art, sewing, health or really any specific main focus at all.  I'm just a regular person who wanted a place to write about things that interest me.  Things that make me happy, make me sad, that I find funny and even sometimes make me angry.  And this is a great place for that.


There have been SOOOO many times where I've gotten an ear worm - no, not an actual burrowing invertebrate.  I was referring to Ear Worms (from the German phrase Ohrwurm)  those songs that weasel their way into your head like uninvited guests and then proceed to stink up the inside of your cranium by playing themselves there over. And over. And over. And over. They're those songs that just get stuck in your head, and no amount of screaming, pounding, protesting, and banging your head into your desk will get them out. They will check out any time you like, but they will never leave.  Except I get the type of ear worm that was cut in half by an naughty 6 year old to see if "it really does just grow another body".  So I never know the title or the words, just the tune.  I felt like the best cure for this would be to find a website where you could use your computer microphone to hum a few bars of it and then voilà, technical magic would happen and the song would be identified and everyone would be happy.  Except I still haven't found it.  So part of my blog is going to be about things I'm looking for, in hopes that someone else will stumble across it looking for something else and know the answer to what I'm looking for.


Then I noticed this was an issue with a lot of things.  I'd hear of some obscure disease or disorder, some unusual vacation spot, some unique way of organizing your entire life in 15 minutes or less but when I'd go searching, I'd come up with......nothing.  And I am a MASTER Googler.  I can find anything.  I can find things faster than most people can even type them in.  It's a gift.  It's a curse.  But it works.


So, for now, maybe my blog will be about finding lost things.  Tomorrow it could be about organizing my book case.  Then sewing a baby quilt.  Or the woes of an American teenager.  Or traveling with kids, traveling without kids, money issues, being an adult with ADD and a touch of OCD (though mine generally centers around house cleaning, organizing my closet & picking the font for this blog, which took TWO DAYS!!!)


Stuff like that.  And even if it's just me, my family and a few loyal friend that read it, at least it's out of my head and on the computer and that has to be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Profound thoughts or if you just wanna say hi: